Saturday, April 12, 2008

Recipe: Tasty Salmon Salad



I eat this salmon salad for lunch several days a week. Not only is it tasty, but it's satisfying and loaded with protein and omega 3 fatty acids which protect your heart.

My favorite cracker to have it on is rye-flavored melba toast.

Ingredients:
1 foil-pack of Bumble Bee premium pink salmon
Hellmann's mayonnaise (approximately 2 Tbs.)
ground black pepper to taste (I do 10 twists on a coarse grind)
1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 scallion, finely sliced
2 Tbs. finely minced celery
dill to taste

Squeeze excess liquid out of the salmon pouch. Put salmon in a bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix it up well and chill until ready to serve.


3 comments:

Kate said...

I *just* bought one of those foil packs of salmon -- first time I've ever purchased it in that form. I'm encouraged that someone likes it enough to make it as often as you do -- that's a good sign.

Also, I just recently tried Rye flavored Triscuits. I love rye bread, and one crunch of those chips? Oh man, delicious. In fact I blogged it this week. I'll be packing your lunch this week.

Janet said...

This would be great with leftover salmon as well. Of course we never have salmon left over no matter how much extra I buy.

Janet

Dagmar said...

It looks lovely!