Saturday, March 15, 2008

I must create!

It was a super-stressful week at work. I planned a very large event (not in my job description) and it was one of those things that would build my reputation professionally and personally. So while I felt a need to be creative this week, I had to hold on to that energy.

After about 12 hours sleep last night, I woke up and started my work. It began with the flowers. A few weeks ago I tried to create a classy bouquet. But I was unhappy with it and decided it needed work. It needed more silk flowers than I had, and a different vase. I was very happy with the end result.


Isn't it pretty?

Then, onto the jewelry! A little over a year ago a friend of mine introduced me to the wold of beading. I got hooked and spent way too much money on beads. But about a month ago, one of my favorite necklaces met it’s death when it fell from the railing at the top of the stairwell. I’ve held on to the pieces, and today’s the day the necklace got tackled.


I had worked up a hunger, and was ready to make some sushi. My favorite sushi is a spicy tuna roll. This time I had sushi-grade tuna to work with and had made a nice, fresh batch of sushi rice just last night. I was ready to go!

No comments: